The MWC has done a lot in 2017! What have we been up to?
- We had our Annual Meeting and New Member induction ceremony. This year’s officers will be: President – Cheryl Ray, Vice President – Aimee Krans, Treasurer – Dara Shoemake, Secretary – Nicole Harkins.
- Our club members surprised the Mebane PD with goodies for Officer Appreciation day as a way to say thank you to the Mebane PD for their support of our community.
- We held our regular prom dress donation, distributing formalwear to area teens.
- The Mebane Community Garden, in its 10th year, was cleaned up and fully populated with local residents wanting their own plots to grow fruits, veggies and flowers.
- Arts and physical activity were encouraged during a collaboration between Mebane Rocks, Mebane on the Move, Alamance Arts Council, and the Mebane Historical Society.
- We’ve continued our Breaking Bread for Haiti as part of our international initiatives. And held a benefit yard sale – lots of dollars raised for children in need!
- Healthy food is big for our club, and we were excited to host special events at our local Farmer’s Market to encourage eating fresh, local produce!
- Mebane on the Move continues to host the annual Mad Dash 1-mile fun run for kids and offer free MebFit classes for the community.
- We hosted a public forum on land use planning for the City of Mebane.
- We’ve provided fresh fruit from local farmers for the backpack program.
- We raised funds for SAFE during Mebane’s Autumn Fest
- Our candidate’s forum to hear from the candidates running for our local city council election was a huge success.
- On October 15th, we held our 2nd Annual Farm to Fork event to raise foods for hunger initiatives and other important services offered by the club.
Want to be a part of our group? Join us for our monthly social night or meetings!